Posted: 26 October, 2014
The Stones have opened their Australian tour with a typically charismatic show in Adelaide. It rocked.
Well, that was worth the wait.
Some seven months after the Rolling Stones were due to rock Adelaide, the British rockers took to the stage at Adelaide Oval and did not disappoint.
The setlist delivered the classics as they opened with Jumpin' Jack Flash and finished on Satisfaction. And yes, we were satisfied. Completely.
Stylish, energetic, this is a band who - some 50 years after their formation - still love their craft and above all, love to entertain their fans.
They took time to gauge the crowd's footy loyalties (Crows or Port) and embraced Social Media to allow the audience pick a song. Bob Dylan's 'Like a Rolling Stone', with Jagger declaring, "Thank you Bob Dylan for writing that for us."
The fans went Rolling home happy. And the the band's swagger shows no sign of waning.
Here's 14 Other things we loved from the gig...
14. Barnesy was the opening act for the gig, how good!
Listen to Barnesy talk to Triple M Sydney about opening for and meeting the Stones!
13. Adelaide oval - there wasn't a spare seat in the joint. What an incredible venue.
12. The Fireworks
11. Charlie disinterest - how charlie remains so nonchalant while belting out hit after hit is incredible. What a legend.
10. Wild horses - brilliant live performance.
9. The screens - the stones stage manager said during the week they were the biggest screens the band had ever played under. They were massive.
8. Ronnie Wood smoking darts playing slide guitar - we know smoking is bad for you. You really shouldn't do it but Ronnie looked pretty damn cool.
7. Mick's jackets - We lost count of how many jackets Mick went through but each was as equally as glorious as the next.
6. The choir during the encore - the excitement levels when the choir launched into "you can't always get what you want" hit fever pitch.
5. Keith's bandana. Bloody cool.
4. Mick's harmonica - in Keith Richards book he says Mick is the best "harp" player in the world. He's right.
3. Gimme Shelter. Possibly the best song of the night.
2. Mick saying... "I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donga"
1. Mick's strut - quite simply, it was a privilege to witness!