Posted: 11 November, 2016
SEVERE Thunderstorm Warning for These SA Regions
Damaging weather on it's way in.
BOM have advised SA that severe thunderstorms are on the way.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING for DAMAGING WIND and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in the Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Flinders, North East Pastoral and parts of the Lower Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula and Mid North districts.
Thunderstorms are occurring in the warning area and some of these are likely to be severe and may produce damaging wind gusts in excess of 90 km/h and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Whyalla, Port Augusta, Cleve, Clare, Leigh Creek and Moomba.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby.
The next warning is due to be issued by 5:00 pm