Posted: 25 July, 2012 by Triple M Footy

Travis Cloke Negotiations Put On Hold Until The End Of 2012 By Collingwood

Collingwood Football Club has today put all contract negotiations with Travis Cloke on hold until the conclusion of the 2012 campaign.

Tags: Travis Cloke

UPDATE:

Hear what Eddie McGuire had to say from London on Triple M Melbourne's The Hot Breakfast on Wednesday morning:

(Can't play audio above? Download the MP3 here)

"We said it all in the press release yesterday (Tuesday) and that is we'll suspend talks with his management until the end of the season," Eddie McGuire said.

"We want Travis to play good football and everyone to concentrate on this season."

"Everyone's getting paid to play footy at the moment so that's what we want to do, get stuck into season 2012."

"We're in the eight at the moment, we need to consolidate our run to the finals, play good football and hopefully win a premiership."

McGuire also said Richmond's President told him the Tigers will not go after Cloke.

EARLIER:

Collingwood has put all contract negotiations with Travis Cloke on hold until the ened of the club's 2012 campaign.

The Magpies say 'the decision was taken with the interests of the club and Travis in mind'.
 
Collingwood director of football, Geoff Walsh, said that by removing the potential for distraction from the agenda of both club and player a firm focus could continue to be brought to the remainder of the season.

"The season at hand is everyone's priority," Walsh said. "And having considered all of the circumstances it seemed the most sensible and appropriate course to suspend our negotiations until the season has been played out."

The 'will he or won't he sign?' question has been the focus of intense speculation, with reports Fremantle is prepared to offer the spearhead $1 million a season and other clubs in the market for his services

Cloke has been trying to secure a five-year deal, however some pundits suggest his 2011 form hasn't warranted such a long-range contract.

Triple M Footy's Wayne Carey, one of the game's greatest ever forwards, told club President Eddie McGuire recently the Pies should let him go if he held them to ransom over the length of the deal.

Cloke's future has also been the subject of mirth, with The Hot Breakfast's Mick Molloy winding co-host McGuire up all year over the speculation.

But through it all, McGuire always maintained Cloke would stay with Collingwood. But now?

EARLIER ON TRIPLE M FOOTY:

Collingwood captain Nick Maxwell spoke to Luke Darcy and Mick Molloy on Triple M Melbourne's The Hot Breakfast on Tuesday morning about Travis Cloke and Collingwood's recent losses.

Listen to the interview below to hear Nick Maxwell discuss:

- The stationary bike in Eddie McGuire's office.
- Travis Cloke not having the best season by his own admission.
- Being nervous with other players like Wellingham, Reid, O'Brien and Goldsack also being out of contract.

"It make me nervous because we've got Sharrod Wellingham, Ben Reid, Harry O'Brien, Tyson Goldsack all out of contract who haven't signed, it's a bit scary mate, we might lose a few others," Maxwell said.

- Giving Hawthorn too much space in the Round 17 clash.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation walk.

(Can't play audio above? Download the MP3 here)

SATURDAY ON TRIPLE M FOOTY:

The Triple M Footy guys analysed both Hawthorn and Collingwood after the Hawks' win on Saturday (they'd already analysed themselves), and both Spud Frawley and Garry 'Lone Wolf' Lyon were critical of Collingwood forward Travis Cloke.

Spud says he hasn't fired a shot since going on The Footy Show while Lone Wolf said he's not working hard enough.

Spud and Lone Wolf Straight After Final Siren

Download the MP3 here

Tags: Travis Cloke

Post a comment

* Indicates required field

(this will be the name displayed on the site)
 

Related Content

To Read Next