Popular coffee-rating app Beanhunter has released its annual Top Cafes list for 2016.
The list is compiled via a rating system of 1-10 from users in the community, and given the reviews are 'credible', they contribute to the cafe's average.
By assessing all reviews made in 2016, here is the official list.
Melbourne's Top Cafes Of 2016
1. Plug Nickel - Collingwood
2. LB2 Speciality Coffee - Melbourne City
3. Maker Fine Coffee - Richmond
4. One Origin Specialty Coffee - Malvern
5. The Storehouse - Mount Evelyn
6. Hey Mikey - Wantirna South
7. Aunty Peg's - Collingwood
8. Double Dutch Coffee Bar - Brunswick East
9. Workshop Brothers CBD - Melbourne City
10. Focus Melbourne - Balwyn
11. Sacred Alley Espresso Bar - Melbourne City
12. Patricia - Melbourne City
13. Franklin Windsor - Windsor
14. Finders Keepers Cafe - Hawthorn
15. Little Somethin' Somethin' - Richmond
16. Wilbur's Cafe - Brunswick
17. Brother Baba Budan - Melbourne City
18. Mayday Coffee & Food - Richmond
19. Cup of Truth - Melbourne City
20. The Coffee Cupboard - Moonee Ponds
Here is the official criteria for Beanhunter's ratings:
For the Top Cafes 2016 rankings we calculate a special 2016 score for each cafe based on the reviews posted to the cafe between 1 January 2016 and Midnight 13 November 2016 UTC.
Once we calculate this score for each cafe we order all cafes in the city by the calculated cafe score and apply the following selection criteria:
- A cafe must have received a minimum quantity of reviews between 1 January 2016 and Midnight 13 November 2016 UTC time
- More than 75% of the cafe's reviews must be credible