Posted: 25 July, 2016
Two Dragons players involved in an early-morning brawl on Sunday have been charged by the police over the incident.
Tim Lafai and Siliva Havili were charged this evening with affray and offensive behaviour, and will face court on 6th September.
NSW POLICE STATEMENT
At about 5.45pm today, two men aged 23 and 25 attended Wollongong Police Station.
Both have been issued with future court attendance notices for affray and offensive behaviour.
The men will appear at Wollongong Local Court on Tuesday 6th September.
Earlier on Triple M
Reports have emerged that a man has come forward alleging to have been attacked by Siliva Havili during a brawl outside a Wollongong nightclub. See the full report below.
"I was standing on the corner of the road and Havili has come from the other side of the road and blind-shotted me and then I've fallen over and hit my head on the ground," the man told 9News.
The NRL Integrity Unit is investigating the matter, as more details have emerged.
It has been reported by the Sydney Morning Herald that security personnel had already broken up a scuffle between a group of the injured man's friend and a group of Dragons players including Havili, Tim Lafai and Dunamis Lui.
Earlier on Triple M
St George Illawarra players Tim Lafai and Siliva Havili are being investigated by the NRL and police over a drunken brawl in which a man was allegedly knocked out.
Lafai and Havili were issued with infringement notices after being arrested on Sunday morning.
Police are investigating the incident and charges could be laid.
A witness told Fairfax Media that a man was knocked unconscious and left bloodied after being hit by Havili during a scuffle outside the Fever Nightclub about 5am.
The man left in a taxi with blood streaming from his head, however by the time police arrived the fight had dispersed.
Lafai and fellow Dragons player Dunamis Lui were also allegedly involved in the fight.
Shortly after, Lafai and Havili were stopped nearby and ordered by police to move on.
However police came across them once again, a short time later on Crown St, where they were involved in an altercation with a group of men and were taken into custody.
At Wollongong Police Station where they were issued with infringement notices for continuing intoxicated behaviour after a move-on direction.
Lafai was signed to the Dragons on a two-year deal from Canterbury at the start of the year but had been dropped to reserve grade at the weekend by coach Paul McGregor, after the side's recent string of losses.
The Dragons said they were co-operating with police and had informed the NRL integrity unit.
Police Holding Statement
About 5am Sunday 24 July, 2016, police were called to the intersection of Atchinson and Crown Street, Wollongong following reports of a brawl.
Officers from Wollongong Local Area Command attended, however the people involved dispersed.
Two men aged 23 and 25 were stopped nearby and given a move-along direction.
A short time later, the pair were seen to be involved in a an altercation within a group of males on Crown Street.
Police intervened and the 23 year old man and the 25 year old man were arrested after failing to comply with directions.
Both men were taken to Wollongong Police Station and issued with infringement notices for continuing intoxicated behaviour after a move-on direction.
Inquiries are ongoing.
Dragons Are A Basket Case, Says MG
Triple M's Mark 'MG' Geyer has slammed the Dragons after their 25-12 loss to the Wests Tigers on Sunday.
"If [Tyson] Frizell doesn't play, you can't watch them" said MG, on the Triple M Grill Team. "They're a basket case." Listen to the full audio below.