Ryan James of the Titans on the burst Photo: Getty Images
Gold Coast prop Ryan James won't be going anywhere if coach Neil Henry has anything to do with it.
The Titans enforcer is off-contract at the end of 2017, and has already reportedly fielded interest from up to six other NRL clubs, with Brisbane the most likely to launch a high-range bid for the 25-year-old.
Ryan James of the Titans Photo: Getty Images
James can officially start receiving offers from other clubs for 2017 now the November 1 deadline has passed, but Henry said the Titans had already opened discussions to keep the former Tweed Heads junior.
"We've been having a bit of a chat to him and he's in no rush," Henry said.
"He doesn't want to go anywhere.
"I think that he's keen to stay here long-term and we'll get him back."
The Titans too could still be looking in the player market for 2017.
Daniel Mortimer of the Titans Photo: Getty Images
Former Parramatta and Sydney Roosters halfback Daniel Mortimer is off-contract, and is unlikely to be re-signed by the club.
They've also lost Josh Hoffman and David Mead to the Eels and Brisbane respectively, Greg Bird and Luke Douglas to the English Super League and Nathan Friend to retirement.
In return they picked up Melbourne's Kevin Proctor earlier this week, English centre Dan Sarginson and Brisbane prop Jarrod Wallace, to go along with Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Peats and Konrad Hurrell who all arrived mid-season this year.
"We still need to fill a couple of spots within the club," Henry said.
"When you look at that, there's probably 1200 NRL games that have left the club.
"We're only bringing in about 400 games and we've lost about 1200. So some guys are going to have to step up."
For all the latest and best Triple M Footy news, download the Triple M App