Posted: 22 September, 2016
by Triple M Rock News
16 Things You Didn’t Know About Bruce Springsteen
Happy Bruce Springsteen Day
To celebrate Bruce Springsteen’s birthday and tickets going on-sale for his Australian tour TODAY, we’ve searched high and low for 16 things you didn’t know about Bruce.
CLICK HERE FOR BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND AUSTRALIAN TOUR DATES.
- Born To Run (the song) was originally 15 minutes long and took Springsteen 6 months to make.
- Born To Run is also the title of his autobiography coming out Sept 28.
- Dancing In The Dark was written in a couple of hours when the record company told Bruce he had no hits on Born In The USA.
- Hungry Heart was originally written for the The Ramones.
- Springsteen recently broke his own record for longest live performance at 3 hours, 59 minutes.
- Both The E Street Band and Bruce Springsteen have been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame - separately.
- During the 2012 Hyde Park show, Paul McCartney joined Bruce for encore – only to have the sound cut off half way through their first song due to going over curfew.
- Bruce more often than not opens the show with Badlands.
- No two set lists are the same and Bruce takes requests from the audience.
- Songs written by Bruce and given to other artists include Because The Night (Patti Smith), Fire (Pointer Sisters) & Blinded By The Light (Manfred Mann).
- Over 50 musicians have at one time or another served in the E Street Band with Steven Van Zandt, Roy Bittan, Max Weinburg and Clarence Clemons the longest serving.
- Since Clarence passed away in 2011, 10th Avenue Freeze Out has been used as a tribute during the show and his nephew Jake, now serves as the band’s Sax player.
- Bruce & Little Stevie have been mates and playing in bands together for 50+ years.
- Steven Van Zandt is also an actor, screen writer, producer and radio presenter.
- When Stevie Van Zandt got married Little Richard was the celebrant, Percy Sledge performed When A Man Loves A Woman and Springsteen was the best man.
- During the 2014 Wrecking Ball Tour Bruce played albums in full for two Melbourne shows (Born To Run/Born In The USA) and Darkness On the Edge Of Town in Sydney for the first time ever at a concert.
We are excited to be presenting Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s return to Australia.
- Wed 25 Jan - Perth Arena Ticketek.com.au 132 849
- Mon 30 Jan - Adelaide | Adelaide Entertainment Centre Ticketek.com.au 132 849
- Thu 02 Feb - Melbourne | AAMI Park Ticketek.com.au 132 849 with Jet
- Tue 7 Feb - Sydney | QUDOS Bank Arena Ticketek.com.au 132 849
- Sat 11 Feb - Mt Macedon | Hanging Rock Ticketmaster.com.au 136 100 with Jet and Diesel
- Tue 14 Feb - Brisbane | Brisbane Entertainment Centre Ticketek.com.au 132 849
- Sat 18 Feb - Hunter Valley | Hope Estate Ticketmaster.com.au 136 100 with Jet and Diesel