Posted: 16 September, 2014
The AFL's best-of-the-best!
New names dominate the 2014 All Australian side after it was annouced at a lavish function in Melbourne.
13 players have been picked in the side for the first time including the entire back six.
Only five players have retained their positions from the 2013 side - GaryAblett, Joel Selwood, Scott Pendlebury (for the fifth straight season), Travis Boak and Jarryd Roughead.
The official team below is selected from the recently-named squad of 40 players.
ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM
B: Cale Hooker (Ess), Daniel Talia (Adel), Nick Smith (Syd)
HB: Nick Malceski (Syd), Alex Rance (Rich), Brodie Smith (Adel)
C: Nat Fyfe (Fre), Josh Kennedy (Syd), Dyson Heppell (Ess)
HF: Robbie Gray (PA), Nick Riewoldt (StK) [vice-captain], Luke Breust (Haw)
F: Hayden Ballantyne (Fre), Lance Franklin (Syd), Jarryd Roughead (Haw)
R: Aaron Sandilands (Fre), Joel Selwood (Geel) [captain], Gary Ablett (GC)
I: Jordan Lewis (Haw), Scott Pendlebury (Coll), Travis Boak (Port), Tom Rockliff (Bris)
- Sandilands and Selwood have both been named as All-Australian's for the fourth time.
- Selwood has also been named the All-Australian captain for the second year in a row.
- 13 players have been picked 1st time
- The 3rd most debutantes in a year since annual teams began being named.
- Gary Ablett’s 8th time in All Australian side
- Sydney was the best represented team with four players followed by Fremantle (three) & Hawthorn (three)
- Carlton, North Melbourne, GWS, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and West Coast were unrepresented.