Controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank "should not be allowed near any athlete" after the AFL appeals board dismissed his case, ASADA chief Ben McDevitt says.
Dank failed to turn up for his hearing last week as he attempted to overturn his lifetime ban imposed over the Essendon supplements saga.
The appeals board on Monday dismissed his appeal, granting an application by the AFL and ASADA to have the case thrown out.
Dank cited a family medical emergency for his absence from his hearing but failed to provide documents supporting his claim by last Friday's deadline.
In a statement on Monday, board members Peter O'Callaghan QC, Murray Kellam AO and Geoff Giudice AO cited Dank's "lack of co-operation and communication" in dismissing his appeal.
ASADA chief McDevitt went a step further, saying Dank had treated the board with contempt and describing his appeal as a "farce".
"From the start, Mr Dank has failed to comply with directions from the board, failed to ever produce a witness list or evidence, and failed to ever outline his case for the appeal, despite requests from the board," McDevitt said.
"This has been a total waste of time and money.
"Mr Dank's life-long ban from involvement in sport is entirely appropriate. This man should not be allowed near any athlete, anywhere in the world, ever."
With Dank's lifetime ban remaining in place, McDevitt said ASADA had withdrawn its cross-appeal in the interests of time and resources.
Dank last week claimed he still intended to face the board despite missing his hearing, adding that Jobe Watson would have his surrendered Brownlow Medal back by the time his case was resolved.
Watson was one of 34 past and present Bombers players banned for the 2016 season for violations of the anti-doping code arising from the club's 2012 supplements program, overseen by Dank.
Watson's returned Brownlow Medal was awarded to Richmond's Trent Cotchin and Sam Mitchell - then with Hawthorn - by the AFL commission earlier this month.
A key figure in the Essendon supplements saga, Dank was banned for life from working in any sport in Australia or overseas after the AFL anti-doping tribunal found him guilty of 10 anti-doping code breaches.
For all the latest and best Triple M Footy news, download the Triple M App