Posted: 20 July, 2012
by Triple M NRL
Luke Lewis Signs Four-Year Deal With Cronulla Sharks
Luke Lewis has confirmed he has signed a four-year deal with the Cronulla Sharks.
Lewis confirmed the last four weeks had been "traumatic" at a press conference this afternoon but said the Sharks best suited his needs.
He added he "definitely" thought Cronulla could win a Premiership in his inaugural year.
However the Origin star said "my heart and soul will be putting in for Penrith to finish the next six weeks on a high."
Lewis rang the Sharks on Friday morning to confirm he would be taking up their offer.
"I think it's a tremendous buy. He'll bring a heap to the club on and off the field," said Triple M's Andrew 'Joey' Johns.
JULY 9 ON TRIPLE M:
It's official. The Panthers have released Luke Lewis from the final two years of his contract.
"I owe everything to them but I need to move on and start a new challenge. I'm a little bit rattled," admitted Luke at a press conference this afternoon.
"I can't wait to finish the last eight games on the best note I can finish on.
"I need a whole change of life with the way I'm feeling at the moment."
MG from the Triple M Grill Team, and the Panthers No. 1 ticket holder, took to Twitter to have his say on one of the most significant player movements in the club's history.
The Panthers star will play out the rest of his season as he has missed the June 30 transfer deadline.
Earlier this morning, MG told the Triple M Grill Team that news of him leaving would be "huge".
"The amazing thing about the story in the paper is that it says that it's not only Lewis that's unhappy. Lewis is saying he wants out because the club doesn't want him, that the club's trying to push him out," Matty Johns added on Triple M Sydney.
Press Conference will be held at 2pm with Luke Lewis and Phil Gould in attendance. Stay tuned to Triple M for more details.