We can not believe that thirty years ago today, Iva Davies and Icehouse released their best selling and arguably their best album, Man Of Colours. It was HUGE in Australia and to this day, its singles still get a heap of airplay on Australian radio.
Original Release Date: September 21, 1987
Peak Chart Positions:
- Australia: 1
- US: 43
- UK: 49
The Track Listing
5 Things You Might Not Know About Man Of Colours?
- It was the first Australian album to supply five top 30 hit singles in the ARIA chart. In fact, all five singles from the album were hits.
- Speaking of ARIA's, it won two of the big ones in 1988. Best Album and Highest Selling Album.
- Electric Blue was co-written with John Oates, of Hall And Oates fame.
- The single Crazy also got them some love in the USA, reaching #14 in the charts.
- Man Of Colours was produced by Englishman David Lord, who also worked with luminaries such as Peter Gabriel, XTC, Tears For Fears and Echo And The Bunnymen, to name a few.
Living It Live
Australia had so many great live bands back in the '80s and '90s. Icehouse are just another example of how good live Aussie music was back in the day. Just watch this.
Written by: @dantheinternut
Have your say... Join The Mix Club