Disturbing reports are emerging to suggest that Prince died as a result of an extraordinarily high amount of fentanyl in his system almost two years ago.
On April 21, 2016, the legend was found unresponsive in his elevator within the Paisley Park estate. According to the medical examiner, the 57 year old died as a result of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a synthetic opiate reportedly 50 times more powerful than heroin.
Now, the results of the toxicology report have been released, and it's been revealed that Prince had a liver concentration of fentanyl around 450 micrograms per kilogram.
According to the report, any level greater than 69 micrograms per kilogram “seem(s) to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases.”
It was also noted within the report that "...the concentration of 67.8 micrograms per litre of blood is 'a pretty clear smoking gun' for the cause of death."
Fentanyl is typically used to help patients manage severe pain, and it is understood that Prince was consuming the drug orally. Sadly, for Prince and music fans in general, it would prove to be his downfall.
Written by: @dantheinternut