Australian guitar icon Ian Moss has announced the release of his first studio album in eight years.
The self-titled album – to be released on 2 March 2018 – is Mossy’s first solo album in nine years and his first of all original material in 22 years.
“It’s a little overdue,” Ian Moss says of his new album, in his typical understated way.
The new album will be available on CD, limited edition green Vinyl and Digitally and can be pre-ordered on all formats now from here.
Ian has also announced his a national theatre tour which will take in performances, with his full band, in Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Launceston, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane.
Put simply, Ian Moss – known as Mossy to his legion of fans – is part of Australian music’s soul. Originally from Alice Springs, he became one of the voices of Cold Chisel and a revered guitar hero. In 2014, Mossy’s fellow musicians ranked him Australia’s greatest guitarist in a News Corp poll.
Mossy has spent the last few years focused on Cold Chisel, with tours and their biggest live release yet (read more here).
Ian Moss Australian National Theatre Tour 2018
General Public On-Sale Friday, 8 December 2017 at 9:00am local times from ianmoss.com/tour
- Friday, 22 June 2018 | Wrest Point Showroom, Hobart
- Saturday, 23 June 2018 | Country Club Showroom, Launceston
- Friday, 29 June 2018 | The Tivoli, Brisbane
- Saturday, 30 June 2018 | The Tivoli, Brisbane
- Friday, 6 July 2018 | The Palms At Crown, Melbourne
- Saturday, 7 July 2018 | The Palms At Crown, Melbourne
- Friday, 13 July 2018 | Canberra Theatre, Playhouse, Canberra
- Saturday, 14 July 2018 | The Enmore Theatre, Sydney
- Friday, 20 July 2018 | Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide
- Saturday, 21 July 2018 | Astor Theatre, Perth