It’s Spring in Australia which, of course, means it's also magpie swooping season.
And it hasn't taken long for the maggies to start doing their worst, with one council in Adelaide's northeast already releasing an official warning.
The City of Tea Tree Gully took to their official Facebook page to warn about one magpie in particular causing trouble in Surrey Downs.
The City of Tea Tree Gully were happy enough to provide an *official guide in dealing with a swooping magpie:
- Avoid the area where the magpies are nesting.
- Wear sunglasses and a hard hat such as a bike helmet.
- Carry a stick above your head or an open umbrella.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Cyclists should try wheeling their bikes through magpie territory.
- Try setting up a bird feeding table in your backyard so magpies will learn to recognise you as a friend.
At least one magpie is featuring in September...