Bushfire ALL CLEAR for TORBAY in CITY OF ALBANY
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in the Torbay town site and people travelling along Lower Denmark Road and Hunwick South Road in Torbay in the City of Albany.
- The bushfire that was burning in Torbay has been extinguished.
- Firefighters will monitor the area until tomorrow
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the City of Albany.
RECREATION SITE CLOSURE:
Please be advised that the Munda Biddi Trail remains closed until further notice.
People are urged to avoid the area, follow the advice of DBCA Parks and Wildlife Service staff and observe signage. People already in the area should leave for a safer place.
The department will provide an update if the situation changes or when sites have been re-opened.
For more information, contact your local DBCA Parks and Wildlife Service office.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- The fire was reported at 02:00 PM on 9 November 2017 and currently there has been 40 (100 acres) hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is escaped burn.
- City of Albany is managing the fire.