Bushfire ADVICE for the area between Ficifolia Road and South Coast Highway in Walpole-Nornalup National Park in the SHIRE OF DENMARK
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the area between Ficifolia Road and South Coast Highway in Walpole-Nornalup National Park.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the Nut Road and South Coast Highway junction in Walpole-Nornalup National Park.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
There is no active fire due to rainfall over the fire ground.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Ficifolia Road and Conspicuous Beach Roads are closed.
- Nut Road is closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF DENMARK.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- The fire was reported at 08:42 PM on 24 May 2018 and currently there has been 300 hectares burnt.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is now managing the fire.