A Smoke Alert has been issued for the eastern part of Willyung in the City of Albany.
A Smoke Alert has been issued for people in or near Willyung and surrounding areas in the CITY OF ALBANY. Smoke from prescribed burning actvities has been carried by prevailing winds. The smoke is expected to clear later today.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Norwood Road, between Norwood Lane and Chester Pass.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke. Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.