Motorists are advised to plan any trips around Brisbane carefully on ANZAC Day, April 25.
Road closures will be in place to allow for ANZAC Day commemorations.The Dawn Service will commence at 4.28am at the Brisbane Shrine of Remembrance, ANZAC Square, Adelaide Street, Brisbane. The parade will commence at about 10.00am from George Street and will travel via the following roads: George Street, Adelaide Street, Creek Street to disperse between Ann and Elizabeth Streets. The parade will conclude at about 1pm.
“Whether it be managing traffic or providing a security response, our officers will be out in force to make ANZAC Day tributes across the State a success,” Acting Deputy Commissioner Paul Taylor said.
“QPS have been planning these ceremonies in collaboration with event organisers and other stakeholders.
“Operational officers and specialist support units will be ensuring the safety of Queenslanders who wish to attend the ceremonies.
“We encourage anyone attending events to check road closures in advance and utilise public transport.”
Anyone planning on attending ANZAC Day services is advised to use public transport.
Motorists can expect delays and traffic congestion at the following ROAD CLOSURES:
Dawn Service 3.30am-7.30am Tuesday 25 April 2017
- 3am to 7.30am: Ann Street between Edward and Queen Streets
- 3am to 7.30am: Edward Street between Ann and Rowes Lane
- 3am to 7.30am: Adelaide Street between George and Wharf Streets
- 3am to 7.30am: Creek Street between Ann and Adelaide Streets
Main Parade 6.30am-3.00pm Tuesday 25 April 2017
- 3am to 3pm: Both Elizabeth Street off ramps from the Riverside Expressway
- 3am to 3pm: Elizabeth Street between William and Creek Streets
- 3am to 3pm: George Street between Ann and Margaret Streets
- 3am to 3pm: William Street between Queen and Margaret Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Albert Street between Adelaide and Charlotte Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Mary Street between George and Albert Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Charlotte Street between George and Albert Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Adelaide Street between North Quay and Wharf Street
- 3am to 3pm: Creek Street between Ann and Elizabeth Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Edward Street between Ann and Charlotte Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Queen Street between William and Wharf Streets
- 3am to 3pm: North Quay between Turbot and Queen Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Burnett Lane between George and Albert Streets
- 3am to 3pm: General traffic lanes on the Victoria Bridge
- 3am to 3pm: Victoria Bridge between Grey and Melbourne Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Isles, Faber Ely, Giffin, Eagle, Edison, Hutton Lanes in the CBD
- There will be road closures between 7:30am and 10:30am along Roblane St, Windsor between Albion Rd and Grafton St and Thondley St between Roblane St and Bonython St, Windsor.
- The road closures for Sandgate are between 5:00am to 7:00amalong Flinders Parade between Fourth Avenue, Second Avenue, Third Avenue as well as Brighton Road from the intersection of Fourth Avenue to Rainbow Street and Bowser Parade.
- There will be no access to the Sandgate CBD between 5:00am to 7:00am from Lagoon Street, Seymour Street or Second Avenue.
- There will be further road closures between 8:00am and 10:30amalong Lagoon Street from the intersection of Hancock Street to the intersection of Keogh Street as well as Keogh Street from the intersection of Lunn Street to Brighton Road. Road closures also apply to Brighton Road from the intersection of Fifth Avenue to Rainbow Street.
- There will be no access to the Sandgate CBD between 8:00am and 10:30am from Lagoon Street, Seymour Street, Fourth Avenue, Third Avenue or Second Avenue.
- Between 9:30am and 10:30am there will be road closures along Gympie Road, Bald Hills between Dickson Street and Ana Street, Bald Hills.
Get more road closures across Queensland here.