Bowls Club Evacuated As Grassfire Burns Nearby

Crews on the scene.

Bowls Club Evacuated As Grassfire Burns Nearby @9NewsQueensland

Sandgate Bowls Club has been evacuated as a grassfire burns nearby.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services have advised that there are no current threats to property after a bushfire broke out in the Dowse Lagoon Reserve near Keogh Street and Lagoon Street at Sandgate.

Residents may be affected by smoke, and are advised to close windows and doors.

The fire broke out just before 4pm.

Motorists are advised to drive with caution.

 

;