Pic: 9 News Brisbane
An elderly Coorparoo resident has lost everything after a ferocious fire destroyed his home overnight.
Fire crews arrived to find the place on Spica Street well alight just after midnight, it's believed a faulty fan may have been the cause.
The 84-year-old owner was saved by young electrician Jesse Blake, who was sleeping in a nearby home, he awoke to see the flames and rushed over to pull him out.
"He was very shocked, very bewildered, so I helped him out as much as I could," Blake told 9 News reporters at the scene.
"I'm just glad I found him."
The owner was treated by paramedics at the scene, suffering shock and chest pain, he was transported to Greenslopes Private Hospital in a stable condition.
Sadly, fire crews say the home will probably have to be demolished.