Brisbane Man Loses Everything In Ferocious House Blaze

Home Will Have To Be Destroyed

Brisbane Man Loses Everything In Ferocious House Blaze

Pic: 9 News Brisbane 

An elderly Coorparoo resident has lost everything after a ferocious fire destroyed his home overnight.

Fire crews arrived to find the place on Spica Street well alight just after midnight, it's believed a faulty fan may have been the cause. 

The 84-year-old owner was saved by young electrician Jesse Blake, who was sleeping in a nearby home, he awoke to see the flames and rushed over to pull him out.

"He was very shocked, very bewildered, so I helped him out as much as I could," Blake told 9 News reporters at the scene.

"I'm just glad I found him."

The owner was treated by paramedics at the scene, suffering shock and chest pain, he was transported to Greenslopes Private Hospital in a stable condition.

Sadly, fire crews say the home will probably have to be demolished.

Post
;