Police are appealing to residents in the southside suburb of Rochedale to be vigilant with home security measures, due to a number of break and enters that have been reported recently to police.
The affected streets include Parklands Circuit, Kangaroo Court, Cockatoo Place and Finch Parade, with homes being entered in the early hours of the morning through closed but unlocked rear doors, laundry doors and or sliding doors.
Some of these offences have occurred whilst residents have been home and offenders are targeting cash, handbags and small portable goods.
Police want to remind us all about the importance of securing our homes at all times, offering up these tips:
- Lock your windows, doors and garage and secure windows even whilst at home – this includes the upper level of your home
- Lock internal doors from garage into the house – keep garage doors locked
- Install key operated locks or security grills on windows & deadlocks on doors
- Install padlocks on side gates to back yard
- Finger guards on security doors that are not always key-locked
- Do not leave keys in security locks on your windows or door
- Remove external objects that can be used as ladders
You can report any suspicious activity in your area to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.