A Cairns family has been left devastated, after ex-tropical cyclone Nora ripped through the family business.
Owned and operated by the Drayton family since 1995, Big4 Crystal Cascades Holiday Park is a much loved business that took a devastating knock by mother nature.
Owner, Bronwyn Drayton, has set up a relief page on chuffed.org aiming to reach $100,000 to help them with repairs.
- Significant water damage to all 22 cabins
- Several cabins have had their footings shifted by currents and will need to be craned and re-established
- Much of the tiles, carpet, and plasterboard needs to be replaced
- Entirety of office equipment (computers etc.) completely destroyed
- Work vehicles and machinery (mowers etc.) damaged and in some cases written off
- Major damage to fences, pool, outdoor gazebo, bbq's, power stands, the list goes on.
Supported took to the relief page over the past 5 days to send messages of love.
$3,214 has been raised so far.
If you would like to donate, visit the relief page here.