A man has been charged after allegedly stealing a good Samaritan’s wallet at a crash at Kariong.
About 6.40am on Thursday 14 September 2017, a 62-year-old man parked his car to assist the occupants involved in a crash on the Central Coast Highway.
Police will allege, while he was assisting at the crash, a man entered his car and stole his wallet.
Police attached to Brisbane Water Local Area Command commenced an investigation.
At 2.30pm yesterday, officers attended a property on Bounty Hill Road, McMasters Beach, and arrested a 45-year-old Queensland man.
He was taken to Gosford Police Station where he was charged with 23 offences, including:
- dishonestly obtain property by deception (x13)
- deal with identity info to commit indictable offence
- drive motor vehicle whilst disqualified
- resist police
- assault police
- receive stolen property (x2)
- goods in custody suspected of being stolen (x3)
The man was refused bail and is due to appear before Gosford Local Court on Tuesday 28 November 2017.