UPDATE: Man shot dead in Wyong

Father, son refused bail.

UPDATE: Man shot dead in Wyong


A 24 year old man, charged over the murder of Jesse Thompson in Wyong on Monday, has been remanded in custody.

Keith Evans, who was arrested in dramatic scenes along with his teenage sister in Wyee yesterday, didn't apply for bail and it was formally refused.

He'll reappear on September 19 in Wyong Local Court.

The 17 year old girl is facing a Children's Court, also charged with murder.

Meantime their father John Evans has also been bail refused to face Wyong Local Court on August 22nd on a charge of being an accessory after the fact.



A Wyee father and his two children have now been charged over Monday's shooting at Wyong...which killed young father Jesse Thompson. They'll all face court today.

The 24 year old son will face Wyong Local Court charged with murder, wound person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm x 2, shoot with intent to murder, and fire firearm in or near public place.

The 17 year old daughter will face a children's court, charged with murder and wound person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

The 48 year old father will face Toronto court, after being arrested at a car stop at George Booth Drive, Sea Hampton. He's been charged with accessory after the fact to murder.

4:45: Police have confirmed the details below, also saying a search warrant is being currently executed at a Wyee property.

Regarding the dramatic arrest of the man in Forest Road, Wyee, police have confirmed the 24 year old sustained minor injuries during his apprehension, and a taser needed to be deployed.

Acting Superintendent David Waddell says no further arrests expected to be made, and would not comment on whether anyone involved is known to police. All three people arrested today are related.

“I would like to praise Tuggerah Lakes police who have worked tirelessly thoughout this investigation, as well as a number of arrests yesterday in relation to another homicide a Lake Haven.”

STATEMENT FROM POLICE 4PM (Photo/IncidentAlerts):

Police will address the media outside Wyong station at 4:30, following the arrest of three people after a fatal shooting on the Central Coast.

They've also confirmed the victim, Jessie Thompson, was 19 years old, rather than 22 as previously reported.

About 10.50am today, police arrested a 48-year-old man during a car stop at George Booth Drive, Sea Hampton. He was taken to Toronto Police Station where he is assisting with inquiries. His car was seized for forensic examination.

Tactical Operations Unit officers stopped a second vehicle in Forest Road, Wyee, about 1.20pm and arrested a 24-year-old man. His car was also seized by police.

A 17-year-old girl was arrested a short time later in nearby Wyee Street.

They were both taken to Wyong Police Station.

Investigations are continuing.


3PM (Photo/IncidentAlerts):

A man has been dramatically arrested after a vehicle stop in Forest Road at WYEE this afternoon...allegedly linked to yesterday's deadly shooting in Wyong.

Channel 7 reports two others have also been arrested, but this hasn't been confirmed.

Witnesses say the incident took place at about 1.20pm, with heavily armed officers from the Tactical Operations involved. 

There have been suggestions shots were fired however this hasn't been confirmed or denied by Police at this stage.

The man has been taken to Wyong Police station and is assisting with enquiries...believed to be in relation to yesterday's fatal driveby that left 22 year old father of 2 JESSE THOMPSON dead.




Police have established two crime zones in Wyong, as investigations continue into a shooting that left one man dead and one injured this morning.

The 22 year old deceased has been identified as Jessie Thompson.

The scenes are at Byron Road and Warner Avenue, the first of these where police say the shooting took place.

"It's believed there were at least two persons in the offending vehicle, which at this stage has only been described to us as a white vehicle," said Acting Superintendent Robert Waddell at 4:30 this afternoon.

“Shots were fired from the white car towards the men who were able to make their way to Warner Avenue. Their vehicle is being forensically examined.

“We are still searching for the white car which had at least two people, not further described, on board."

"We believe this to be an isolated incident, as a result of an alternation between those two vehicles."


EARLIER: Police are investigating after one man died and another was injured during a shooting at Wyong.

Just before 12.30pm today, emergency services were called to Warner Avenue, following reports of shots fired.

A 22-year-old man was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics, but died at the scene.

Another man, aged 28, was also treated for a gunshot wound to his hand, before being taken to hospital.

Officers attached to Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command have established a crime scene and investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Inquiries are continuing.

Main photo - 7 News