Residents and workers in Rockhampton's CBD are reminded traffic changes come in to place for the River Festival today.
The riverside car park on Quay Street is now closed for the duration of the festival and will reopen next Tuesday (17th July).
Meanwhile road closures will commence tomorrow from Quay Street.
Free parking will be available at the Pilbeam Theatre Car Park, (Corner of Bolsover St and Cambridge St) and Alma St Car Park (corner of Alma St and Derby St).
Suspended street parking patrols between July 10 to July 17 on the following streets:
- Bolsover St between Archer St and Debry St;
- Archer St between Alma St and Victoria Pde;
- William St between Alma St and East St;
- Derby St between Alma St and East St; and
- Alma St between Fitzroy St and Debry S.
Council advises that other restrictions such as loading zones, disabled parking, footpath parking or any other restriction that is not a timed restriction, will remain enforced.
On-street parking limits and patrols apply as normal to all other streets.
July 10 - July 17
- Riverside Car Parks at Quay St and Victoria Pde.
July 11 - July 16
- Quay St between Fitzroy and Derby St; and
- William St between Quay St and Quay Lane.
July 12 - July 16
- Victoria Parade between Royal St and Quay St;
- Fitzroy St between Victoria Parade and Quay Lane; and
- Denham St between Quay St and Quay Lane.
Rockhampton Regional Council apologises for any disruptions during this time.