With Warm Temperatures and conditions around our State for today, Department of Fire and Emergency Services have imposed Total Fire Bans in place for the following areas.
This is for the local government districts of:
- Bruce Rock - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Kellerberrin - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Merredin - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Narembeen - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Nungarin - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Trayning - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Westonia - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Yilgarn - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Corrigin - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Kondinin - from 06:00 to 23:59
- Kulin - from 06:00 to 23:59
This means that at these times any activity that could start a fire is banned.
- You must not light or use any fires in the open air
- All open fires for the purpose of cooking or camping are not allowed
- Hot work such as metal work, grinding, welding, soldering, gas cutting or similar is not allowed unless you have an exemption
- You must not undertake any other activities that may start a fire.
If a Harvest and Vehicle Movement Ban has not been implemented by your local government you are able to harvest or move vehicles across paddocks for agricultural purposes.
You could be fined up to $25,000 or jailed for 12 months or both if you ignore the Total Fire Ban.
For information on activities that can or cannot be carried out during a Total Fire Ban visit https://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/totalfirebans.
If the information you want is not available from the website, telephone the Total Fire Ban Information Line on 1800 709 355.
Current Total Fire Bans are also available by visiting www.emergency.wa.gov.au/#totalfirebans.