A man has been charged with attempted murder following a police pursuit on the Mid North Coast on Friday.
About 10am in Kempsey, police from Mid North Coast LAC allegedly ordered a man in an orange Ford sedan to stop, however he refused.
A police pursuit began but was terminated in Jerseyville for safety reasons.
The 30 year old man was later arrested at a hotel in South West Rocks about 12:45pm.
Police seized a firearm, laser sight, balaclava, drugs and ammunition.
It will be alleged the man was wanted on an outstanding warrant for an attempted murder in Newcastle on Monday 18 December 2017.
He was taken to Kempsey Police Station where he was charged with six offences, including:
· Shoot at with intent to murder
· Police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously
· Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
· Possess shortened firearm without authority
· Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority
· Supply prohibited drug
The man was refused bail and is due to appear before Port Macquarie Local Court tomorrow (Saturday 20 January 2018).