Coffs Harbour Regional Airport has taken out the top gong for the AAA National Airport Industry Awards for 2017.
Following the National Airport Industry Conference, the Australian Airports Association announced the winners for this year’s awards.
With five categories announced for Airport of the Year, Coffs Harbour took out the 2017 Large Regional Airport of the Year Award.
Coffs Harbour Mayor Denise Knight said, "It’s up, up and away for Coffs Harbour Regional Airport. We’ve got a great team headed by the Manager Dennis Martin, and their dedication to the success of the airport is unflagging".
Just last month, the airport recorded its highest ever number of passengers with more than 417,000 passengers coming through the doors.
"With the recent upgrades, we’re now in a position to cater for 1 million passengers a year in the future", Cr Knight said.
New South Wales also took out Capital City Airport of the Year for Sydney Airport, while the small Northern Territory town of Tennant Creek won the Small Regional Airport category.
AAA’s CEO Caroline Wilkie said, “the awards night recognizes innovation and excellence across a range of categories”.
Dubbo City Regional Airport also represented NSW well with a number of awards.
See the full list below:
2017 Airport of the Year winners:
- Capital City Airport - Sydney Airport
- Large Regional Airport - Coffs Harbour Regional Airport
- Small Regional Airport - Tennant Creek Airport
- Major Airport - Launceston Airport
- Regional Aerodrome - Bendigo Regional Airport
2017 Innovation and Excellence winners:
- Customer Experience - Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Commercial - Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport
- Environmental Management (Major Airport) - Melbourne Airport
- Environmental Management (Regional Airport) - Mount Isa Airport
- Infrastructure Development - Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Operations (Major Airport) - Sydney Airport
- Operations (Regional Airport) - Dubbo City Regional Airport, Orange Airport, Parkes Airport, Scone Airport; Highly commended - Christmas Island International Airport
- Non-aeronautical Development - Darwin International Airport
- Technology (Major Airport) - Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Technology (Regional Airport) - Dubbo City Regional Airport and Whitsunday Coast Airport
- Corporate Project - Aviation Projects (Archerfield Airport)