The threat of rain and storms has resulted in Toowoomba CBD’s biggest Christmas celebration being postponed until Thursday 7 December.
Toowoomba Regional Council’s Tourism and Events chair, Councillor Geoff McDonald believes it is best to reschedule the festivities to a night with clearer weather forecast to ensure families can enjoy the night.
“We don’t want it to rain on anyone’s parade, especially Santa’s and have decided to postpone our Toowoomba CBD Christmas celebration to Thursday 7 December.
“Based on the current weather forecast, we have worked with local businesses and they support the new date to coincide with friendlier weather conditions,” Cr McDonald said.
The free family activities will kick off from 5pm on Thursday 7 December across the city at key locations before Santa and his sleigh light up City Hall, Bell St Mall and the Garden City’s largest Christmas tree.
For more information about Toowoomba CBD’s biggest Christmas celebration or to learn about festive celebrations across the Toowoomba region please visit www.tr.qld.gov.au/ChristmasEvents
Toowoomba CBD’s biggest Christmas celebration: free entertainment and activities:
Thursday 7 December
- 4pm-8pm free Trampoline Bungee at Walton Stores
- 4pm-8pm free Lawn Games, Photo Booth and Face Painting at Walton Stores
- 4pm-9pm Market stalls at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5pm-6pm Toni Mitchell Duo at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-7pm Free Kids rides on Ruthven St opposite City Hall
- 5pm-7pm Balloon Twisting at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-7:15pm Free Giant Board Games at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-7:15pm Free Elf Hat Making Workshop at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-8pm Dancers and musicians at Walton Stores
- 5pm-9pm Christmas Angel Stilt Walker at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5pm-9pm LED Hoop Candy Cane at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5pm-9pm Free Fairy Floss at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5:30pm-5:55pm Sing Australia at City Hall
- 6pm-6:05pm Toowoomba City Cheerleaders at City Hall
- 6pm-6:30pm Free Kids Games (Limbo, Hula Hooping) at Bell St Mall
- 6:05pm-6:30pm The Helen Earley Ensemble at City Hall
- 6:30pm-6:35pm Toowoomba City Cheerleaders at City Hall
- 6:30pm-7pm Tomnet Minstrels at Bell St Mall
- 6:37pm-6:57pm Harlaxton RSL Brass Band and Toowoomba City Cheerleaders at City Hall
- 6:58pm Countdown, Santa Sleigh arrival and light up City Hall
- 7pm-7:20pm Greek and Sudanese dancers and drummers at Bell St Mall
- 7:03pm Santa Sleigh procession departs City Hall for Bell St Mall and Grand Central
- 7:20pm Santa Sleigh arrives at Bell St Mall
- 7:30pm Santa Sleigh procession arrives at Grand Central’s Central Square for official unveiling Toowoomba’s largest Christmas Tree