The Festive spirit is set to sweep across the Garden City with Toowoomba Regional Council joining forces with local businesses to throw the city’s largest free Christmas celebration night on November 30.
Free family activities will kick off from 5pm across the city at key locations before Santa and his sleigh light up City Hall, Bell St Mall and the Garden City’s largest Christmas tree.
Toowoomba Regional Council’s Tourism and Events chair, Cr Geoff McDonald is thrilled with Council’s effort with local businesses to bring Christmas cheer to the CBD.
“This is the biggest Christmas celebration we’ve ever had! Council is committed to delivering free, family-friendly Christmas celebrations to ensure anyone and everyone can get into the spirit of the season,” Cr McDonald said.
“We have increased our Santa parade route to take in even more of the Toowoomba CBD and to encourage residents to enjoy a fun-filled night exploring more than four free activation areas that include rides, elf hat making and watching the Christmas lights on our iconic City Hall be lit.
“None of this would have been possible without the support of our retailers such as Grand Central, Walton Stores, and Bell St Mall traders who have all come on board to offer free activities and add Christmas cheer to our city,” Cr McDonald said.
Grand Central’s Marketing Manager, Melissa Shaw is excited to be bringing the Christmas spirit to the CBD.
“We’re thrilled to be involved in Council’s CBD Christmas celebrations. Our 35ft Christmas tree will be pride of place in our new outdoor community space, Central Square, and we can’t wait for its official unveiling on the night,” Shaw said.
Toowoomba Regional Council is also proud to be welcoming Walton Stores for their inaugural involvement in the growing event.
"As a young precinct in the CBD still establishing our roots, we are excited to be part of this year’s Christmas celebrations, Cassandra Hunter said. “On the night, just down the laneway, you can experience family-friendly dining where Belle and Spiderman will be waiting to meet you.”
Toowoomba Region’s Cr McDonald is encouraging everyone of any age to come along to the free night of Christmas activities.
Toowoomba CBD’s biggest Christmas celebration: free entertainment and activities:
- 4pm-8pm free Trampoline Bungee at Walton Stores
- 4pm-8pm free Lawn Games, Photo Booth and Face Painting at Walton Stores
- 4pm-9pm Market stalls at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5pm-6pm Toni Mitchell Duo at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-7pm Free Kids rides on Ruthven St opposite City Hall
- 5pm-7pm Balloon Twisting at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-7:15pm Free Giant Board Games at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-7:15pm Free Elf Hat Making Workshop at Bell St Mall
- 5pm-8pm Dancers and musicians at Walton Stores
- 5pm-9pm Christmas Angel Stilt Walker at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5pm-9pm LED Hoop Candy Cane at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5pm-9pm Free Fairy Floss at Grand Central’s Central Square
- 5:30pm-5:55pm Sing Australia at City Hall
- 6pm-6:05pm Toowoomba City Cheerleaders at City Hall
- 6pm-6:30pm Free Kids Games (Limbo, Hula Hooping) at Bell St Mall
- 6:05pm-6:30pm The Helen Earley Ensemble at City Hall
- 6:30pm-6:35pm Toowoomba City Cheerleaders at City Hall
- 6:30pm-7pm Tomnet Minstrels at Bell St Mall
- 6:37pm-6:57pm Harlaxton RSL Brass Band and Toowoomba City Cheerleaders at City Hall
- 6:58pm Countdown, Santa Sleigh arrival and light up City Hall
- 7pm-7:20pm Greek and Sudanese dancers and drummers at Bell St Mall
- 7:03pm Santa Sleigh procession departs City Hall for Bell St Mall and Grand Central
- 7:20pm Santa Sleigh arrives at Bell St Mall
- 7:30pm Santa Sleigh procession arrives at Grand Central’s Central Square for official unveiling Toowoomba’s largest Christmas Tree
For more information about Toowoomba CBD’s biggest Christmas celebration or to learn about festive celebrations across the Toowoomba region please visit www.tr.qld.gov.au/ChristmasEvents