The following alert has been issued by the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
Time of issue: 08:46 AM
Date of issue: 12 December 2017
Bushfire ADVICE for western part of Stokes National Park in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people within the vicinity of Stokes National Park, 100km west of Esperance in the Shire of Esperance.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started in the park
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- It is out of control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
Skippy Rock Track has been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
Skippy Rock Campground has been close
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is now managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.
Media Contact: DBCA Media on 9219 9999.