A bushfire in Pink Lake is currently threatening lives and homes.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT is issued for people near Helms Drive, Barook Road and Tuart Forest Grove in western parts of Pink Lake.
People in this area need to either leave if they're not prepared, or those that are prepared get ready to defend their homes or properties.
The fire, which started at the intersection of Helms Drive and Kingsmill Retreat, is moving fast, uncontrolled and unpredictable.
Some roads are closed including Helms Drive, Barook Drive and Tuart Forest Grove.
Full details below.
Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for PINK LAKE in SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people near Helms Drive, Barook Road and Tuart Forest Grove in western parts of Pink Lake in the Shire of Esperance.
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near the intersection of HELMS DR and KINGSMILL RTT in PINK LAKE.
- The fire is buring in inaccesiable land
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a variable directions direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Helms Drive
- Barook Road
- Tuart Forest Grove
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene and actively fighting the fire.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- Shire of Esperance is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE: