Chinese restaurant fined for a-salt on man's mouth

Salt shaker refilled with caustic soda

Chinese restaurant fined for a-salt on man's mouth

A Gold Coast Chinese Restaurant has been slapped with a hefty fine, after a man suffered acid burns to his mouth last while eating there last year.

According to News Corp, the salt shaker on the man's table was refilled with caustic soda by mistake, with tubs of the stuff later found in unlabeled tubs out the back.

Luckily the man didn't need to be taken to hospital but was in quite a bit of pain, bleeding from the mouth and getting some blisters on his lips.

The Top One Chinese restaurant at Australian Fair was yesterday fined $25,000 after pleading guilty to selling unsafe food.

;