A 26-year-old man is due in court this Anzac Day on a string of driving, stealing and drug offences.
He was charged on Monday, after a police chase through the Gold Coast's northern suburbs on Saturday.
Police claim the man and a woman were in a vehicle that failed to stop when they tried to pull it over on Nerang Street in Southport around midday on April 22.
The car was spotted in the carpark of a bottle shop on Heathwood Drive in Oxenford about an hour later, and police tried to intercept it again, but the car apparently crashed into two police vehicels and a third car in its efforts to get away.
The wanted vehicle was found abandoned on Fawn Street in Upper Coomera, but two people have since been arrested.
A 35-year-old Helensvale woman was issued with a Notice to Appear, for unlicensed driving and driving an unregistered vehicle, while the 26-year-old man was scheduled to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on April 25.
He was charged with the following offences:
- dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- fail to comply wtih duties of a driver involved in a crash
- unlicensed driving disqualified by a court
- unregistered driving
- fail to stop motor vehicle
- possess tainted property
- possess restricted drug
- burglary and commit an indictable offence
- assault or obstruct police
- two counts of offences involved registration plates
- two counts of possess dangerous drug
- two counts of enter premises
- and three counts of receiving tainted property