A lucky escape for a Coombabah couple who woke last night to find their back patio alight.
Firefighters were called to the scene in Kangaroo Avenue at around 11:30pm on Monday, when the blaze sparked at the rear of the house.
The couple ran out to find it well alight, and called 000 after being unable to put it out themselves.
They escaped uninjured.
Fire investigators were due to arrive on scene at 8am today.
Meanwhile across the border at Murwillumbah, a woman was severely burned in an incident on Peters Street.
Paramedics were called to the scene at around 9:20pm last night, finding the patient in her 40s suffering severe burns to their arms, legs and buttocks.
She was flown to the Royal Brisbane Hospital burn unit by the Westpac rescue helicopter in a stable condition.