Garage fire in Helensvale

Two people checked over by paramedics

Garage fire in Helensvale

A small fire has broken out in the garage of a Helensvale home this morning.

Emergency services received the call shortly after 7 on Friday.

One fire crew rushed to the property Gippsland Drive where they found smoke pouring from the garage.

They donned breathing apparatus and went inside, where they found a tiny fire causing all the smoke.

It was put out quickly, and the crew made sure the area was safe and left the scene a short time later.

Paramedics assessed two residents but neither of them needed to be taken to hospital.

;