A fire is burning about 27 Kilometers north of the Great Eastern Highway near Boorabbin.
For many locals, this area brings back memories of a fire that claimed 3 lives in 2007. The advice is current as of 1:13pm
Bushfire ADVICE for the north western parts of BOORABBIN in the SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Great Eastern Highway, 26 kilometres north west of BOORABBIN in the SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire is currently located north of GREAT EASTERN HIGHWAY.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving slowly.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
No roads are closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The cause of the fire is lightening.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.