There are currently several fires burning around the Goldfields
30km From Laverton -
65km East of Norseman
80km East of Norseman
Nuytsland Nature Reserve
- These Fires are all at Advice Level - as at 1:13pm
- Roads have not been closed, but motorists should avoid Telegraph Track. There will be smoke over Eyre Highway.
- Parks and Wildlife are managing these fires
- Three fires are burning in the nature reserve, including 20km south-west of Cocklebiddy in the Nalonya area; 65km south-west of Caiguna in the Toolina Cove area; and 65km south-south-east of Caiguna in the Baxter Cliffs area.
- The fires are burning on both sides of Eyre Highway, 80 kilometres east of Norseman at Fraser Range. With Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service firefighters, Bush Fire Service firefighters and DFES personnel are on the scene.
- Cause of all fires is from Lightning