A 31-year-old Mooroopna man has been charged following a double fatality car accident in Brimin, when his eastbound truck collided with a westbound car on the Murray Valley Highway around 9:30pm on the 2nd November.
A 37-year-old woman and a 12-year-old boy, who were occupants in the car, both died at the scene. The other 3 car occupants - an adult male, and 2 children - were airlifted to hospital with critical injuries.
The truck driver has been interviewed and charged with 15 offences, including:
- Culpable driving
- Dangerous driving causing death
- Negligently causing serious injury
- Dangerous driving causing serious injury
- Reckless conduct endangering life and serious injury
- Exceeding the prescribed concentration of drugs while driving
He remains in custody and will appear at Wangaratta Magistrates' Court on March 14th.