Police are calling out to anyone flying drones across the Limestone Coast and across the state. they want to let everyone who operates a drone that there are some strict rules which are applied by CASA when operating a drone, which includes but is not limited to:
- the drone must not be operated at night or through fog or cloud
- drones must not fly higher than 120 meters
- the drone must be in the operator's line of sight
- the drone must not fly over or above people, and
- must not be within 30 meters of people
More information relating to remotely piloted aircraft can be found at casa.gov.au. CASA have a free app available for download called 'Can I Fly There'. Complaints about unsafe drone operations can be made on the CASA website.