Police are hunting a group of male teenagers who robbed and attacked two men at Southbank.
The 21-year-old men were walking west on Southbank Promenade on November 19 when they were spotted by the gang of young men, aged about 16-18 years across the Yarra River on Flinders Walk.
Six of the teens, who were riding oBikes, travelled across the bridge and approached the victims, with one getting off his bike and standing between them.
The remaining teens surrounded the pair and demanded their wallets, mobile phones and watches.
The first man handed over his wallet but refused to provide his phone.
He was then placed into a headlock, punched and pushed to the ground, sustaining bruises and a cut to the mouth.
The second man tried to walk away but was punched twice to the face and thrown to the ground, suffering minor facial injuries and elbow grazes.
His phone was taken by one of the teens.
The group then rode to Flinders Street Station, met up with four other youths and boarded a 5.36am Caulfield-bound train.
It is believed they got off the train at Caulfield and ran up Derby Road towards Dandenong Road/Princes Highway.
Police have released a number of images they hope will further the investigation.
All offenders are perceived to be of African appearance.
- The first youth, who separated the victims, has been described as having a slim build with short black hair.
He was wearing a white baseball cap, dark blue Gucci T-shirt, white shorts, high white socks and white shoes.
He was also carrying a small bag with a thin shoulder strap and had a large shiny watch on his right wrist.
- The second offender has been described as tall with a skinny build and short black hair.
He wore a light grey hoodie with an orange symbol on the front, long black pants and black shoes with white laces.
This youth also had a small bag with a thin shoulder strap.
- The third teen had a slim build with short dark hair, and was wearing a dark jacket, yellow Lakers 24 T-shirt, denim jeans and white shoes.
He had a black Under Armour backpack.
- The fourth teen was tall and slim with dark hair.
He wore a black hoodie and white T-black Adidas track pants and light-coloured shoes.
- The fifth offender was wearing a navy blue zip-up jacket, red T-shirt, denim jeans and white runners and had a small shoulder bag.
- A sixth offender has been described as tall and slim with short dark hair.
He was wearing a black beanie, green zip-up jacket with a grey logo on the front and sleeve, black T-shirt with a coloured logo on the front, black jeans and dark shoes.
Anyone with information or who may know the identity of the youths is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au