Hot Chips Burn Down Melbourne House

Thankfully no one was hurt.

Hot Chips Burn Down Melbourne House @VronniePants (Twitter)

 A lucky escape for a family of five whose Watsonia North home was destroyed by fire when a midnight snack took a dangerous turn.

The four adults and baby managed to evacuate the two storey Norman Avenue house at 11:45pm on Tuesday evening, with one person treated for smoke inhalation.

It's believed an oil fire sparked when a woman cooking hot chips stepped away briefly.

The MFB stated that there were no working smoke alarms in the property.