A Bowraville man has been hospitalised after his unit was destroyed by fire this morning.
Emergency services were called out to the South Arm Road block just before nine o’clock to find the two storey brick and fibro-clad dwelling ablaze.
A 60-year-old man was the only person home at the time.
He's been taken to Macksville District Hospital for observation in a stable condition, complaining of chest pain.
Police are not treating the blaze as suspicious, as it's believed the inferno was started by cooking oil left unattended on a stove.
The man's home has been wrecked, while a second unit at the property has suffered smoke and water damage.