We've received our first look at the new Maitland Hospital at Metford.
An artist impression of the $450 million dollar facility has been released showing off a sleek, modern design.
The state government has also outlined a host of services to be offered including:
- Emergency services
- Medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity services
- Critical care services for adults and babies, including a special care nursery
- Operating theatres, delivery suites and assessment rooms
- Palliative care and rehabilitation services
- Mental health services
- Satellite renal dialysis
- A new chemotherapy service
- Expanded oral health service
- A range of ambulatory care and outpatient clinics
Work on the project is underway and enabling works will hopefully be complete before the end of the year.