PHOTOS: Candle Sparks Waratah Unit Fire

The unit block was evacuated

PHOTOS: Candle Sparks Waratah Unit Fire

Photos: MJF Productions Australia

A fire has broken out at a unit in Waratah.

Firefighters were called to Turton Road at around 8:00pm Sunday night, and managed to contain the fire to just one room.

The resident wasn't hurt.

It's unclear what's caused the blaze, with police investigating whether a candle may have been to blame. 

The fire forced the unit block to be evacuated, while police say the road was closed for over an hour.

It's the latest in a string of house fires across the Hunter recently.

A house was destroyed by fire at Woodberry on Friday night.