Image credit: Baked By Brad
A bouquet of chrysanthemum flowers is the iconic gift for Mum on Mother's Day, but have you thought of gifting some she can eat?!
It's the perfect time to get your bake on and make some tasty chocolate chrysanthemum cupcakes for Mum this Mother's Day!
Did we mention how simple they are to make?!
Check out the video below from Baked By Brad.
They're pretty cute right? And best of all they'll be made by YOU!
Here's the full recipe:
To make the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat 150g of softened butter and ½ cup of caster sugar in a bowl until pale.
3. Add 3 large eggs and continue beating until well combined.
4. Add 1 ½ cups of self-raising flour and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, beat until well combined.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of milk, beat until combined.
6. Place 12 cupcake liners in to a cupcake pan. Divide cake mix evenly into the 12 liners, place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
1. Beat 100g of softened butter in a bowl until pale.
2. Add 200g of sifted icing sugar and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons of milk, continue beating until well combined.
4. Cut mini marshmallows (approx. 30 per cupcake) diagonally with scissors. Dip the cut (sticky) side of marshmallow in 2 tablespoons of coloured sugar.
5. Pipe icing on top of cupcakes. Starting from the outside of cupcake arrange marshmallows like petals, overlapping the previous with each row.
Are you going to give these cupcakes a try for Mother’s Day? Let us know in the Facebook comments!