Anyone planning on attending the ANZAC Day services in Perth on April 25 is advised to plan their journey carefully.
The Dawn Service will start at 5.50am at the State War Memorial at Kings Park. The march starts at 9.30am from the corner of William St and St Georges Terrace. The RSLWA recommends anyone attending the Dawn Service arrive from 4am onwards. There are also several other services around Perth and Fremantle which you may want to attend.
Public transport will be the best way to travel, with plenty of early morning services on offer. You can plan your journey here.
In recognition of the great sacrifice made by the men and women of our armed forces, all veterans, serving and returned personnel wearing service uniforms, campaign ribbons or medals can travel for free on Transperth services on ANZAC Day.
Road closures and traffic detours will be in place in and around Kings Park to ensure public safety on 24 - 25 April 2017. Bus-only lanes will operate on parts of Hay and Havelock Streets to provide fast shuttle bus services from the Perth Busport to the ANZAC Dawn Service.
The following road closures will occur from 11.00 pm, Monday 24 April until approximately 9.00 am, Tuesday 25 April:
- Kings Park Road (full road closure)
- Malcolm Street (full road closure)
- St Georges Terrace (Elder Street to Malcolm Street)
- Walker Avenue (from Rheola Street to Kings Park Road)
- Ventnor Avenue (from Ord Street to Kings Park Road)
- Outram Street (from Ord Street to Kings Park Road)
- Altona Street (from Ord Street to Kings Park Road)
- Colin Street (from Ord Street to Kings Park Road)
- Colin Grove
- Ord Street (from Colin Street to Havelock Street)
- Emerald Terrace
- Havelock Street (from Hay Street to Kings Park Road)
- Harvest Terrace (from Hay Street to Malcolm Street)
- Parliament Place
- Cliff Street
- Mount Street
- Bellevue Terrace
- Fraser Avenue, Kings Park
- May Drive (from Saw Ave), Kings Park
- Saw Avenue, Kings Park
- Wadjuk Way, Kings Park.
The following roads around Elizabeth Quay will be closed from 6:00am to 12:30pm:
- Howard Street
- Sherwood Court
- Barrack Street from The Esplanade to St Georges Terrace