There will be services and marches happening across the Riverina MIA area all commemorating the many men and women who have served their country in the armed forces over many years and many conflicts. The following is a list of those services that have been provided. Contact (02) 6969 7860 if there are details missing or a service you would like to see mentioned here.
Assume all activities are for the 25th of April unless stated otherwise.
- 2:30pm form up for March at Barellan Community Hall, marching to the Cenotaph
- 3:00pm Main Anzac Service, Cenotaph
- Barellan Red Cross will host an afternoon tea at the Barellan & District Memorial Club afterwards for a small fee.
- Griffith Memorial Park, Cenotaph, Banna Avenue
- 5:30am Dawn Service, sounds of the Didgeridoo will mark the start of the commemorations
- 10:30am Anzac Day March, Banna avenue, line up at the RSL rooms/Griffith War Memorial Museum from 10:15am
- 11:00am Main Service, guest speaker Miss Madison Penrith of the Griffith Aboriginal Community
- Following the service the Griffith War Memorial Museum will be open to all
- 7:30am Day Service, Grong Grong Commemoration Hall, Balaro Street, followed by a cuppa at the hall
- 6:15am Dawn Service, Bethungra Memorial Park, with various activities to follow
- 5:45am Dawn March, from cnr Church Street and Pine Avenue, march to Cenotaph cnr Pine Avenue and Wade Avenue
- 6:00am Dawn Service, Cenotaph cnr Pine Avenue and Wade Avenue
- 9:40am Gather for the morning March, cnr Church and Oak Street
- 10:00 am Step off and march along Church St. Halt at WW2 Rose Garden, Mountford Park for wreath laying. Proceed along Church St and turn right into Pine Ave and march to the Cenotaph
- 10:30am Main Service, Cenotaph cnr Pine Avenue and Wade Avenue
- 9:45am Assemble for the march in front of the Palladium, all welcome to those who wish to march on behalf of a family member, medals to be worn on the right
- 10:00am Main Service followed by morning tea served in the dining room of the Morundah Hotel, a plate of sweet or savoury would be very much appreciated
- 6:00am Dawn Service, Memorial Gardens
- 9:00am War Graves Service, Narrandera Cemetary
- 10:30am form for Main March at Narrandera Ex-Servicemen’s Club to march off at 10.45am
- 10:45am Main March to commence
- 11:00am Main Service, Memorial Gardens
- 3:00pm Memorial Service, Memorial Gates of main park in the main street of Whitton
- 12:00pm Noon Service at the Community Hall, followed by lunch at the Yanco All Services Club
- 5:45am Dawn Service, Yenda Diggers Club, East Street, guest speaker this year is local Yenda resident Kevin Farrell.