There are a few places where you can enjoy a quiet tipple at this year's Skyworks.
This is straight from the City of Perth website:
The City of Perth Australia Day Skyworks is a family friendly event.
Visitors to Skyworks 2018 are reminded that it is illegal to consume alcohol in public.
However, to allow adults to have a responsible alcoholic beverage during their picnic and the fireworks display, there are two designated BYO Picnic Zones where limited alcohol can be consumed. These are:
- Langley Park reserve – bounded by Terrace Road, Plain Street and Victoria Avenue – extending to the Swan River foreshore directly opposite Langley Park.
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden – designated grassed area within Kings Park (the western and eastern side of Fraser Avenue and bound by Wadjuk Way and the Administration road).
Conditions of Entry and Alcohol Consumption
Within the BYO Picnic Zones, you must abide by the following conditions:
- Event-goers 18 years and over may only bring one of the following options per adult:
- one six pack of beer, or
- one six pack of pre-mix drinks, or
- one bottle of wine.
- The BYO Picnic Zones will be operational between the hours of 6.30pm and 8.45pm. Outside those hours it will be illegal to drink within the areas.
Anyone not abiding by these conditions will be requested to leave the event.
There will be a strong security and WA Police presence at all times and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
The remainder of City of Perth Skyworks will be an alcohol-free event at all times.