Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for central parts of Australind in SHIRE OF HARVEY
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people bounded by Collie River to the south, Brunswick River to the east, Paris Road to the north and Barnes Avenue to the west..
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near the intersection of Collie and Brunswick Rivers in Australind.
- It is burning in a north westerly direction towards Barnes Avenue
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a north westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visitingwww.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF HARVEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.